Saturday, September 10, 2011

How To Be Very, Very Attractive!

I first read The Portable Coach by Thomas J. Leonard* way back in 1999. I have referred back to it many times since. It's one of the more powerful books on the Law of Attraction that I have found or read in all my years of interest in the subject. Why? Because it's not a bunch of woo woo nonsense; rather, it's practical, down to earth, usable, and applicable right now, in this moment. Read the list. This may be the beginning of a whole new and exciting adventure for you. I'm counting on it for you.

The 28 Principles of Attraction **
  1. Become incredibly selfish.
  2. Detach from the future.
  3. Over-respond to every event.
  4. Build a super-reserve in every area.
  5. Add value just for the joy of it.
  6. Affect others profoundly.
  7. Market your talents shamelessly.
  8. Become irresistibly attractive to yourself.
  9. Get a fulfilling life, not an impressive lifestyle.
  10. Promise little, deliver everything.
  11. Create a vacuum that pulls you forward.
  12. Eliminate delay.
  13. Get your personal needs met once and for all.
  14. Thrive on the details.
  15. Tolerate nothing.
  16. Show others how to please you.
  17. Endorse your worst weaknesses.
  18. Sensitize yourself.
  19. Perfect your environment.
  20. Develop more character than you need.
  21. See how perfect the present really is.
  22. Become unconditionally constructive.
  23. Orient yourself around your values.
  24. Simplify everything.
  25. Master your craft.
  26. Recognize and tell the truth.
  27. Have a vision.
  28. Be real, be human.
I highly recommend Leonard's books, which you can find at Amazon.com or other book sites. In the mean time, open yourself up to new possibilities. You really can create the life you want. 

"If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price." (Attributed to several different and mostly anonymous sources, so I will take credit for it here!)


*Thomas J. Leonard (July 31, 1955 - February 11, 2003 in Phoenix, AZ) is considered a major contributor to the development of personal coaching. In 1992 he founded Coach University, and the International Coach Federation in 1994.

1 comment:

  1. I love the one about endorsing your own weaknesses. I was on my way to becoming a Psychiatrist when I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. That really lowered my self worth and didn't make me feel attractive at all. In fact, I pushed people away. Now I have embraced my problems and do my best to attract people to help from what I have learned through my experiences. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments that disagree with my views are welcome. However, please refrain from vulgar, racist, sexist, homophobic and other types of language that are disrespectful to other readers. Many thanks.